Mahashakti Yoga has been offering Yoga classes in Glasgow and in Cowal on the West Coast of Scotland and workshops and retreats in Scotland, the UK and internationally since 2004. We also offer post-graduate teacher training and training for therapists.
Mahashakti Yoga was established in 2004 by Jude Murray (Mahashakti) with Graeme Murray joining her as a teacher in 2007.
In Jan 2012, we opened In The Moment - a centre for Movement and Wellbeing in the heart of Glasgow
Our teaching has a spiritual focus, encouraging stillness in the body and mind and connection to the self. We offer our students a safe environment in which to explore:
- A personally challenging Hatha yoga practice focused on the needs and abilities of each individual and anchored in ahimsa (the yogic principle of non-harming)
- Connection to the power of the breath
- Meditation, mindfulness and reflection
- Exploration of the philosophical, spiritual and energetic practices of Yoga in a way which engages with and honours all spiritual traditions
- Connection to the continuing cycles of nature